Pages

Friday 5 September 2014

Reading

My reading goal is to...To consider alternatives across a range of genre.

WALT
GET IT...use a range of sources by questioning and predicting
SORT IT...analyse and sort information to answer my question: see if my thinking has changed, look for patterns by questioning inferring, summarising
USE IT…discuss what I have found out with others and make connections 

TASK 
inquiring readers go through a process to gather, organise and respond to new information. We have been using  the ‘GET IT, SORT IT, USE IT’ process. After reading ‘Wonder’ by R.J.Palaccio our group felt moved to DO something but we didn’t know what! We all had lots of questions so we decided to research more about disabilities before deciding. I wanted to know more about 

different disabilities. We tried to find the difference between a disability and a disease.

Inspiring people with disabilities who make a difference. I wanted to know what we can learn form them.


SUCCESS CRITERIA
I can research using different sources.
I can think logically, creatively, and reflectively.
I can make generalisations from patterns and connections


                                                

Did my thinking change or stay the same during the ‘GET IT’ stage?

It changed we had one question and the we wondered what is a disability? So we did think different and then we brought in diseases and mixed that until it clicked. 

From ‘SORTING IT’ I can make these generalizations:

Most people with disabilities want to be independent
They are treated differently because they look un normal
They are normal to them but we are different.
They are rather happy the way they are.


‘USE IT’ What now?

Ana and I would like to take this further and send a letter to Sophie Pascoe. And change the Paralympics...But more on that later!




1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your finished 'USE IT" Bella! You have demonstrated a depth of thinking in all stage of this inquiry process, well done. Your thoughtful comments and strong opinions have not only pushed others thinking but also your own sometimes!

    ReplyDelete