In Science we learning about food webs and food chains. We are making a food web for our lunch boxes so that we could find out what happens before it gets to the supermarket.
We learnt about how our food is processed and connected to the sun. The aim was to draw each of the things in our lunch box the connect them to what other foods and plants they are made with
AKA an apple is grown on a tree a tree needs water, soil and sun to live. We found all things were connected to the sun.
Feedback and Feedforward: You have done a really good job on your post. You have some great pictures. Next time you could go over it with vivid so it is clearer. Georgia :)
I think I did a good job with connecting the foods together and understudying that all foods connect to the sun. If I had more time I would make my lined stronger and write our in a paragraph all of the foods and where they come from.
Wednesday, 20 May 2015
Every week we learn about skills and movement that will help us play sports. This term’s focus has been around defense. We made a video showing some of the goals we have been practicing. I have highlighted the things I think I have done well YELLOW and one thing I would like to work on PINK.
WALT: Defensive skills and movements
- Weight on balls of feet
- Feet shoulder width apart
- Knees flexed
- Concentration and eyes on ball, head and eyes up
- Push hard off outside foot and go forwards to attack pass
- Quick small feet, stay on balls of feet
- Arms within confines of body
- Take feet to ball
- Land with a SBP
- Body angled to see player and ball
- Anticipate pass and player movement
- Meet player as they start towards the ball/where they want to go
- stay close to the attacking player
- Head and eyes up, arms close to body to avoid obstruction/contact
- Angle body so attacking player is ‘pushed’ away from where he/she wants to go
- 0.9m from ball carrier
Evaluation: I think that I have done a good job at anticipating where the player is while defending I need to work on keeping 1m away from the opining player with the ball so that I don't get called for obstruction.
Feedback/Feedforward: You did very well in staying with the player and I think you could work on staying 3 feet from the player. Emma